Friday, August 29, 2008

September: Pear and Cranberry Caramel Crisp


Did you know that you can create caramel sauce simply by boiling an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk? Well, I didn't, so I was excited to discover that when making this lovely fall recipe supplied by Esau Crosby II of Solo Bistro in Bath. Just be sure you don't forget about your boiling can of milk because if the water isn't completely covering the can while it cooks, you could have a mighty dangerous and messy explosion on your hands (and on your ceiling).

This recipe can be made in one square pan instead of ramekins, but I'm always thrilled when I find good recipes that call for ramekins because I never seem to use them for much other than serving little snacks. They provide a nice way to serve dessert, especially because you don't have to bother with transferring anything to a plate.

No comments: